Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Farm Town Tips in Facebook (1)

Something bout Farm Town...
jump to second tips

I start playing games on Facebook about two months ago, and Farm Town is the second game I played (first one is Mob Wars). I started off as ‘playing for fun’, and slowly getting addicted to it. The interesting part of Farm Town is the interactivity, where I can chat and ‘work’ with other farmers in real time. But the most interesting part of Farm Town for me is watching my coins grow everyday. It makes me feel good coz this will not happen in my real life. :)

When my friend just introduces Farm Town to me, she was already in Level 6, after playing for few weeks. She has a very nice and tidy farm as she is very patience and willing to spend hours a day on her Farm Town. However, I tried work my way up and after few weeks, I manage to catch up with her, and now (after one month plus) I have accumulated more than 1,000,000 coins in Farm Town.

Many of my friends ask me how I manage to do it in such a short time. So I explained to them one by one, until today, I think I should put it on my blog. So whoever asking the same question about Farm Town, I can ask them to check it out here. Yea, I’m a lazy bug. :P

Here, I would just like to share my experience on Farm Town, nothing ‘expert’, ‘cheat code’ or anything though. At the beginning, I have no idea on Farm Town at all, and wasted a lot of time and coins. If you really interested in Farm Town and plan to play for real, I hope you will not repeat the same mistake I made. So my first advice would be: DON’T SIMPLY BUY UNECESSARY THINGS. I saw some of my friends have very very wonderful farm, with a lot of animal, fences, buildings. In order to make their farm look nicer, they even plant different seeds with different pattern. However, after some time, they were stuck there because either their coins run out, or they can’t expand their Farm Town further. Some who are very patient just wait and continue doing their gardening while some other had just give up on Farm Town. It’s such a waste when I see their farm gone wasted just because they have use wrong tactic or plant wrong seeds.

For me, first thing I plant is potato. Because I work late everyday, so I only have about one hour a day at home to play Farm Town. Potato has a high ROI (Return On Investment) because it’s a ONE day plant and the return is more than double. Plow your seeds one next to another WITHOUT any space, coz it will make a big different especially when your farm is big. DON’T buy any trees. Just send trees as a gift to your friends and if they are farmer too, they will send you back the trees. In order to make your coins in Farm Town grow faster, don’t buy anything else other than plow and plant potato seed. Make sure you harvest it before it gone wasted (after one day). When your farm is ready to harvest, don’t harvest it yourself. Hire someone from your neighbor list, buddy list, or even go to Market Place in Farm Town to get someone harvest for you so that you can earn more in Farm Town.

to be continued...
jump to second tips

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info.
    Awaiting your second episod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a couple of simple bits of logic to add for FT. First...always tend to your friends farms. Tending=6 exp points per farm. More exp=more land=more crops=more money and exp. Its a domino affect. Next, be sure to work at getting hired but dont whine. I say outrageous things to get people to notice me and I get hired all the time. I have made upwards of 20k coins for jobs. So if you get behind work at getting back on track! Do the math on what plants have a better profit..it pays. Im level 23 and will be level 24 by tomorrow. Count on it! I started about three weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very curious, what are the "outrageous things" you said to get ppl hired you? Mind to share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just say stuff like "mudwrestling contest after harvest" and "I will harvest in a wet leotard and sing "shes a maniac" stuff like that...probably only works if your female? who knows:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another tip is that people forget to factor in the cost of plowing when figuring out their total cost per crop. I just add 20 on to every seed cost. Char

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really have doubts on your outrageous things. does it really works everytime?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly doesnt work EVERY time but I am hired quite a bit and people have told me that they liked what I said or thought I was funny. Another example and one of my favorites is that I say "Hire me, Im a liberal American". While my system is not perfect it works for me. Just finished a job on a farm that is the same size as mine and I make 40K coins. Im doing something right. Oh and I am also at level 24 like I said I would be:) Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is good information, but I think you are missing the point of the game. Anyone can not buy anything, and just plant and harvest.. but who wants to do that. The point is not to just make money. Most people like for the design aspect. YOu can plant and make your farm appealing with buildings etc. Just do it within reason of the coin that you have. I work on many peoples farms, made over 30K once as one girl hired only me for a large farm of all pumpkins. Play the game how you like.. it doesn't matter how much money you have if your farm is boring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got your point. but i think if you have enough coins, you can buy anything you like, which si more fun. isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally agreed. after getting my first 1,000,000 now i'm starting to 'decorate' my farm. but i'm not an artistic person, my farm still as ugly as it was. dont know what to buy in order to make it looks nicer. any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i tried posting comment to my own blog for the first time and found that it couldnt be processed. i need to click on 'post comment' to post it again. if you ever encounter the same problem, appreciate your patience to try again. your comment is most welcomed

    ReplyDelete
  12. fences and trees make a nice looking border in one or two corners

    ReplyDelete
  13. fences and tress? hmm.. will give it a try
    but i'm trying to build a waterfal, anybody knows how?

    ReplyDelete
  14. go to farm town.com and there are instructions there on how to build one!! im waiting to reach level 15 to buy more land and make one then!! but they have pictures and its very informative on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Farmtown.com will bring you to slashkey rite? Do you find it under the 'support' or 'forum'? I cant find any help on building a waterfall

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if this info is useful

 
My Other Blogs